Cabinetry is a very important decision in the building or remodeling process. If
you haven’t shopped for cabinets lately it can be very overwhelming with all of
the design and finish options available since you typically don’t plan to replace
your cabinets! We have taken the guesswork out of giving you the basics you need
to know before shopping. Cabinets are so important because they keep you organized
and they are a major design element in a room. With today’s technology, there
finish options and organizational options giving you the opportunity to get a product
that fits your style and personality exactly- budget permitting, of course.
In this section, you will learn about the different types of cabinetry, options
for space saving and more efficiency, hardware as well as how to maintain your cabinets.
Before you get started consider the following:
- Cabinet Accessories –roll out shelves, drawer trays etc.
- Cabinets at different heights
- Cabinets in different materials, finishes & styles
- Glass doors, solid doors or combination
- Open shelving
- Drawers - Utensils
- Hair dryer
- Deep drawers for tall bottles-lotion etc.
- Files – desk in the kitchen
- Your storage needs - Canned goods
- Pots & pans
- Baking pans
- Cleaning supplies
- Towels and linens
- Bathroom necessities